In a media release July 1, 2020 Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series LOORRS announced another schedule change due to COVID-19. The July 25-26 event was set to race at Wild West Motorsports Park in Sparks, NV. The event will be moved to Glen Helen Raceway with team and support only, no fans in attendance.
The State of Nevada was scheduled to move into Phase 3 of re-opening starting the first of July. This would have allowed LOORRS to host an event at Wild West Motorsports Park in Sparks, NV. However, rather than move into phase 3 as expected, Nevada Governor, Steve Sisolak has decided to extend Phase 2 through the end of July.
An alternative plan will allow us to still get in our 2 rounds of racing for points and TV coverage. LOORRS has come to an agreement with Glen Helen Raceway in California. They will allow LOORRS to put on the event on the same weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, July 25-26. See below for the details.
GLEN HELEN RACEWAY – ROUNDS 1 & 2
JULY 25-26, 2020
- Saturday & Sunday Day races.
- TV and LORTV race coverage.
- Fan-Less event. No general public admissions DUE TO COVID-19.
- Participants: crew members and family only.
- Vendors: Tires/Parts/Fuel vendors only.
- Current CDC sanitizing guidelines and social distancing within all common areas.
- We encourage all participants and crews to bring their own face coverings and sanitizer.
- LOORRS staff will have face coverings and sanitizer.
- Online registration and waivers mandatory.
- Bring your own pens with you for any signatures required in tech, etc.
- No concessions, bring your own food and beverages.
- Move in on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
Due to new rules at Glen Helen, there is no overnight parking on the road outside, so please plan your arrival accordingly.
The schedule of events and further details will be released next week.