COSTA MESA, California (Sept. 21, 2015) – Sheldon Creed of Alpine, Calif. picked up right where he left off the night before in the SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks Presented by TRAXXAS series by capturing the SST Sand Sports Super Show Sunday Finale on the temporary dirt/asphalt short course at the OC Fair & Event Center.
Creed’s TRAXXAS-sponsored truck fought hard alongside Orange, California’s Robby Gordon for most of the race until Gordon made a late mistake on the final lap trying to get past Creed, which resulted in a loss of valuable track time. Creed would go on to capture the victory over Gordon’s Arctic Cat Wildcat No.7, and third place finisher Burt Jenner in his Gladiator truck.
Arizona’s Scotty Steele came home fourth driving Bill Hynes No. 57 LIVE/ UFD /Think Loud Investments truck after his No. 48 had significant damage after the heat race. Friday night’s winner PJ Jones finished fifth in his TRAXXAS truck substitute driving for Keegan Kincaid. Augie Lerch in the SPEED High Performance Accessories finished in the sixth position. After rolling over early in the event New Zealand’s Mad Mike Whiddett crossed the finish line in the seventh position in a beaten and battered LIVE/ UFD / Think Loud Recordings driving for E.J. Viso. Rounding out the field Austin, Texas driver Charles Dorrance would finish in the eighth position.
CBSSN will broadcast the races from the Sand Sports Super Show at 4 p.m. PDT on October 10 with a repeat airing the same night at 8 p.m. PDT.
Following its trip to Costa Mesa, SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks will shift back to Australia for two events October 23-25 on the streets of Surfers Paradise, Queensland with V8 Supercars followed by a standalone stadium race October 31 at the Spotless Stadium Sydney Showgrounds in Sydney. The 2015 season will conclude and a champion will be crowned the following week November 5 in Las Vegas in conjunction with the SEMA Show.
SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks Presented by TRAXXAS Fact Sheet
– 2015 is the third season of SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks by TRAXXAS.
– The first SST race was held at University of Phoenix Stadium on April 6, 2013 and was won by off-road racing veteran Rob MacCachren.
– The first event of the 2015 SST season featured three races in Adelaide, Australia with E.J. Viso, Sheldon Creed and Keegan Kincaid taking victories.
– Rounds 4 and 5 of the 2015 season took place at the St. Petersburg Grand Prix in Florida and were won by Sheldon Creed and Burt Jenner.
– Round 6 of 2015 was raced at the Long Beach Grand Prix and won by E.J. Viso
– Round 7 at the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix was won by Robby Gordon. Round 8 was won by E.J. Viso, while Burt Jenner won the final round and was crowned the overall weekend champion.
– The SST by Traxxas series will race with the Verizon IndyCar series four times in 2015 – the St. Petersburg, Long Beach, Belle Isle Detroit and Toronto Grand Prixs.
– The SST by Traxxas series also races at venues including sites along the Las Vegas Strip, in stadiums and at purpose-built courses held in conjunction with large festival-style activities.
– The Stadium Super Trucks raced in Barbados in December 2014 as part of the International Race of Champions.
– The Stadium Super Trucks made their X Games debut with overwhelming popularity in 2014 and were featured live on ESPN and ABC.
– Sheldon Creed won Gold at X Games Austin in Round 10 on June 7, 2015
– Scotty Steele captured his first SST victory in Round 11 at the Indy Toronto
-Keegan Kincaid earned his third victory of the season in Round 12 in Toronto
– PJ Jones claimed his third SST Victory in three years with Round 13 at Costa Mesa, Calif.
– Sheldon Creed captured his fifth victory of 2015 in Round 15 at the Sand Sports Super Show in Costa Mesa, Calif.
– The SSTs are identically prepared 600 horsepower purpose-built race vehicles, modeled after their Traxxas radio control namesake.
– At every SST event, fans can test and purchase Traxxas RC cars and trucks at the Traxxas display. At OC Fair & Event Center display and “Try Me Track” is located in the paddock which like the SST paddock is open to general admission ticket holders.
– Every SST truck competes on unmodified DOT-approved Toyo Tires. A fan can purchase the same Toyo A/T Open Country 35×12.5xR17 tires for their truck or SUV.
– Various SST by Traxxas videos, which have generated more than 10 million views since Dec. 1, 2014, can be seen atwww.facebook.com/stadiumsupertrucks.
SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks Presented by Traxxas
Round 15 Results: Costa Mesa, Calif.
- Sheldon Creed Alpine, Calif. TRAXXAS
- Robby Gordon Orange Calif. Arctic Cat/ Toyo Tires/ Traxxas
- Burt Jenner Los Angeles, Calif. Gladiator
- Scotty Steele Peoria, Ariz. LIVE / UFD/ Think Loud Recordings
- PJ Jones Scottsdale, Ariz. TRAXXAS
- Augie Lerch Tucson, Ariz. SPEED High Performance Accessories
- Mike Whiddett Aukland, New Zealand LIVE/ UFD/ Think Loud Recordings
- Charles Dorrance Austin, Texas Sportsman’s Finest
2015 SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks Presented by TRAXXAS
2015 Season Winners
Round No. Race Location Race Date Winner
1 Adelaide, Australia Feb. 27, 2015 E.J. Viso
2 Adelaide, Australia Feb. 28, 2015 Sheldon Creed
3 Adelaide, Australia March 1, 2015 Keegan Kincaid
4 St. Petersburg, Fla. March 28, 2015 Sheldon Creed
5 St. Petersburg, Fla. March 29, 2015 Burt Jenner
6 Long Beach, Calif. April 19, 2015 E.J. Viso
7 Detroit, Mich. May 29, 2015 Robby Gordon
8 Detroit, Mich. May 30, 2015 E.J. Viso
9 Detroit, Mich. May 31, 2015 Burt Jenner
10 Austin, Texas June 7, 2015 Sheldon Creed
11 Toronto, Ont., Canada June 13, 2015 Scotty Steele
12 Toronto, Ont., Canada June 14, 2015 Keegan Kincaid
13 Costa Mesa, Calif. Sept. 18, 2015 PJ Jones
14 Costa Mesa, Calif. Sept. 19, 2015 Sheldon Creed
15 Costa Mesa, Calif. Sept. 20, 2015 Sheldon Creed
[button title=”Read The Full Article” icon=”” link=” ” target=”_blank” color=”” filled=”1″ large=”0″ class=””]